Friday, June 15, 2012

A Designer I'm Not...

One thing I want in my next life (other than being pretty, skinny and smart) is to able to 
design. To think of a pattern or design and follow it out. I can't do it. I can 
be shown an item and without a pattern make that item. But coming up with an idea that
is cute just eludes me.
It's not only in quilting but in cards as well, so I search the internet for ideas.
Somewhere I saw an idea for Thank You cards. Don't remember where or I would 
give credit to the designer.
I really liked the design so I made lots of them, lol.

I cut a piece of cardstock 8 1/2 "x 11" in half. Then put it in the printer tray, went to Word and
put the font I wanted and printed out the words thank you onto the cardstock. It worked beautifully!
I do this a lot as I don't always have a stamp with the sentiment I want.
Then I used my Cuttlebug to emboss colored cardstock, adhered to the card, wrapped 
with twine then added a button with a bow tie. I also slipped a glue dot behind
the button to help keep it in place. 
The inside I kept plain so a personal note could be written.
For every color of the cardstock I used a different embossing folder. It was a fun
way to finally use some of my folders. These were very quick to make and 
a set of these would make great gifts.

As a side note, I wish all embossing folders were larger. I like to make 5x7 inch cards
and the embossing folders don't work to cover a large enough area sometimes.
The cuttlebug can handle a larger size, so why don't they make the folders larger?















No comments:

Post a Comment