Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cricut magazine

I broke down and got a year's subscription
to Cricut Magazine. I figured I'd get it and see if it
was any use to me. I think this is the third one I've gotten and
so far I'm still not sure if I'll renew. There have been several cards in 
the issues I've received that I'd try,
 but is there enough to justify the cost?
That decision is yet to be made.

I got this issue the other day and immediately 
had to make the flip flop card.
I think the sandcastle on the front of the magazine is cute too! :)
Anyway, I got started to see what ribbon I had that would work.
I liked the polka dot ribbon the best and chose my colors from that.
I wanted to add a flower to the front and chose several colors that would go with the 
purple paper. I substituted some of the label shapes for what I have. 
I stitched around the flip flop like they did but next time I'll do faux
stitching. Going around the curve of the flip flop my stitches got
so small that I was afraid the paper would tear. 
I was going to add a button to the center of the
flower but I went into my brad stash and found
a silver clear gem brad that would work
also. I really need to use my brad stash more often!
I'm pretty happy with my card and might make a 
few more, though I'll probably do it a little differently than
how they want it done in the directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment