Sunday, November 6, 2016

Scrap Bin Quilt

This last week I finished binding 2 I Eye Spy quilts.
I really felt good getting them done.






Then I needed to do some random piecing.... something that I could do
without following a pattern, just stitch away without really thinking about it.
I think that is why I have so many postage stamp quilts or tumbler quilts, 
they allow me to just stitch away without thinking about a pattern or colors.

I found an example of a quilt that tugged at my heart on Pinterest
 by Crazy Mom Quilts. She took pieces from her scrap bin and started
stitching them together, very random. Ta da! Just what I needed!
And I have 2 bins full of bits of fabric!


This is her finished quilt.
Love it so much! 

She quilted it in a spiral pattern! I would love to have that
but I know Quilts and Sew Forth wouldn't be able to do that pattern.
:(


Isn't that just adorable!

This is one of the bins I have from many years of cutting up fabric!



I've made a few blocks about 15" square.



I might be making some of my pieces too small. Will have to experiment 
with that. 
I am aiming for a lap quilt size, something to cuddle up with on the couch!







No comments:

Post a Comment