Wednesday, November 30, 2016

A Busy Day

I am on vacation this week and enjoying being away
from my job. 
Today it was 60 degrees outside and I decided to do lots of shopping.
I really don't care for shopping anymore but I really, really wanted
a few things. I went to Target to return a blanket, so expensive anymore!
Then to Kohl's to buy me another silver necklace. My annual gift to myself!
:)
I picked up a couple of things for Joe and a necklace for Liz.

Then I went to the Hallmark store to see if they had any more ornaments.
I always wait to get them and then I'm disappointed when they run out of the one's I want.
Next year I promise to do better!
I picked other items for Christmas presents though.

Then off to JoAnn's, I was going to go to Hobby Lobby but I was already
getting a little tired of shopping.
I found some backings for a few quilts I had finished years ago.


Pumpkins and black crows


Another pink baby quilt with filmstrip border this time.


I love pink baby quilts!


This is a quilt that I made and then when I dug it out I undid
the setting and ended up with two quilts. The other one has a
teal background,  more on this in a future post.


I didn't find anything at JoAnn's for this quilt so I decided to stop 
at Mara's to see what they had.
I settled for this since I really want to finish this up.
I may make some star blocks for the back.


And I got a backing for my Cherry Basket quilt. I just got 
a neutral fabric with squiggles.
It is a nice background and may order some more.

After visiting Mara's quilt shop I decided to finish up the day at
Sweetberry's  market to get some fruit. 
Then home to unload all my stuff!

Later I worked on the binding for the I Spy quilt.



I really really love the polka dot fabric on the back of this!
I would love to have a whole bolt of this!

All in all a very busy day!
Tomorrow I'm going nowhere!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment