Monday, November 28, 2016


This is my last vacation week for the year,
and I'm not going anywhere except down in the basement.
To sew, sew, sew.
Finish up projects is my main goal for this week.
I went in the quilt room upstairs and pulled out another
box to go through for unfinished projects and found about 
5 that need backings. I would make these quilts but never
saved fabrics for the backings! This is a habit I need to stop!
It's impossible to find backing for quilts that were made 5-10 years ago.
I'll have to make do with fabrics as close as I can or go with a muslin backing.


Sunday was my first day of vacation and I was able to bind two quilts.

This is Anthony's Christmas quilt, I used a backing that
reminded me of bicycle gears.
Daniel's quilt, that I finished months ago was a queen size quilt,
but this one for Anthony is a lap size, I figured he wouldn't want it
for their bed. He can use it on the couch.


This quilt was started years ago. I found the lime green fabric
in the fat quarter bin at JoAnn's, they only had about 4 or 5 of them.
I used every last bit of it in the quilt. I sure wanted to have about 2- 3 more.

I love the look of black quilts but don't like the quilting. I would have been
much happier with having white quilting in the white/green areas and then black quilting
in the borders.
But was not to be.
It is done, ready to be used and as 
Jenny Doan says 
finished is better!
:)


I am working on the purple half square triangle quilt
I showed you in the Nov. 22 post.
I have 2 more sides to go and then it is in the finished pile.


I also put the Christmas tree up this year. Last year we decided not to
as Joe was scheduled to have surgery in January and I didn't want him climbing 
up and down to get the boxes of stuff.
Thank goodness he is doing so much better!


I am sitting here in the living room with the lights off so I can enjoy the tree.
So this isn't a great picture of it.
but it will do for now.

Tomorrow I have a list of places I want to go Target, Kohl's, JoAnns, Pat Catans and 
maybe see a movie!

After dinner back to the basement to finish up the binding on the purple quilt!














No comments:

Post a Comment