Monday, November 21, 2016

Plaid Stars Quilt

I went to pick up my plaid stars quilt the other day
from the quilters
and I'm quite pleased with it,
except I wish it was a bit longer!
:)

This is the quilt I mentioned in my May 11th post.


I had seen a photo and fell in love with it.
When Theresa and I went to Berlin, Ohio for
our field trip this year I purchased a few yards of
background fabric and still didn't have enough!
This quilt turned out to measure 60x60.
I want to make another one but will have to
use various off whites for the background. Can't find
enough for a single background anymore!
I do wish for the olden days of fabric buying!





These are horrible photos but it's the best I could do
 with an overcast day.
It was quite an adventure to figure out the dimensions
for the setting squares but I asked Mary from Erie Street Quilts
one day when I saw her at the store. She really helped my figure it out!
Thanks, Mary!
:)

I had to take my sewing machine in to get it cleaned and have the
tension fixed and I hope to bind this quilt soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment