Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Seeing stars, stars, stars




I finished binding the Idaho Square quilt. It was a tough one.
I guess I used a little too large of a seam allowance when I
stitched on the binding. That made for a tight binding.
I have the scars on my middle finger to prove it!
But it looks nice. Sometimes I like a tight binding
as opposed to a looser one.
....................................................................................

I saw a photo of a quilt the other day on Facebook that intrigued
me. It was a star made with old shirt fabric. ( which I have a little
bit of! ) Boxes and boxes of it!


Isn't that lovely!
So after I finished the binding tonight, and I was waiting for the
laundry to finish, I pulled out my 2 1/2" strips that I had cut
from the shirts as I de-boned them.


I was only able to get two rows done before I had to quit, 
but I love it! I can see a whole quilt growing. I will have to either 
use different off-whites for every block or I need to get 3-4 yards of 
a new off-white.
 I thought I would have a hard time matching the points but
so far, no problem. 
I just need to add some more yellows or golds to my mix.
So excited to get this one going! 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment