Thursday, May 5, 2016

Robin Egg Blue and Purple


Lovely May has blossomed in our area.
I love early spring, where the trees are just turning green
and the spring flowers are blooming.
Cool, sunshiny days.
Fresh air in the house after being closed all winter.
(Even though all the dust bunnies from the winter 
start chasing each other with the breeze!)
This morning it wasn't so sunshiny but
by afternoon the sun came out!



The robins on the back porch have 2 eggs now.
I am loving the color robin egg blue!
Joe says he sees Mama sitting on the nest once in 
awhile. She lets him go back there to tend to 
his seedlings. 
He says he worked out an agreement with her to let her stay
as long as she doesn't dive bomb him when he is back there!
:)


Neither Mama or Papa were around when I took this photo this morning.

.................................................................

I've been doing a little spring cleaning myself. I went through a pile
of finished or almost finished quilt tops and pulled out at least 5 or 6 to 
get ready to go to the quilters.
I don't want to overwhelm them so I'll only take 2 or 3 to them at a time.
LOL!
I swear that I am paying her rent for her shop with just my having her
quilt my tops! That's not even counting the fabric I buy from her!
Some of these quilt tops have been patiently waiting for quite awhile
to be made into quilts.
This one in particular,


This was started in 2003 or so.
I think I got really tired of purple. 

I made it a little larger so I could use it on my twin size bed.
I had a backing for it but not enough.
I pieced a backing using the same size squares. 
Not sure what quilting pattern I will use for this quilt. I 
will just have to peruse her quilting sampler book.
It may start to grow on me.

...................................



I found the Waterfall Quilt design on the Missouri Star Quilt Co.
website. It intrigued me so I started it with leftover purples I had
from the postage stamp quilt. Then I ran out, so I had to go buy more purples!
LOL!!  It is a revolving circle! :)

.......................................

Next I have finally finished up this baby quilt.
I really love pastel baby quilts! And not just for girls!



So I plan on taking these in on Friday. Then I will have time to get 
a few more ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment