Friday, May 6, 2016

Binding, learning to love it!


Today I applied the binding to Daniel's queen size 
Christmas quit. After making twin or lap size quilts for
years, making a quilt this size has been an eye-opener.
It is huge!
I'll be glad to get this done so I can get Anthony's quilt
started. I'm going to have to buy more fabric,especially the black
and white Kona fabric.  Queen size takes a lot of material!

I pulled out this quilt top this morning to check and 
see if I had enough fabric for the backing that I had 
packed with it a few years ago.
'

I had bought a 108" wide backing for it.
But when I opened it up I found that it had not been
cut properly. It was at least 6" off on either edge, cut very unevenly.
Needless to say I was pretty upset. I don't remember
where I purchased it so I can't go back and complain,
but I will make sure in the future that when I order
quilt backings I will get what I ordered!!!!!
So now I will have to either design a pieced backing for this one 
or buy more fabric for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment