Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Squares, squares and more squares!

I love vacation!
Even though I'm not going anywhere I love it!
Don't want to wish my life away but I wish I could be on vacation always!

.............

I took 3 quilts over to the quilt store to have them quilted.
It's going to cost an arm and a leg to get them done but
I can't do hand quilting anymore and besides 2 of them are
queen size, huge!!

............

I stopped at JoAnn's to get some more fabric for the postage stamp
quilt and I get more and more disappointed every time I go there.
In 10 years I bet they won't even carry fabric anymore.

............

I added several rows to the postage stamp quilt and it is growing fast!


I started to add rows to both the top and the bottom
of this section trying to mix up the fabrics a little.



I cut some extra squares because I am also thinking of 
doing another Idaho Square quilt. I like that pattern a lot.



This is my Idaho Square Dance quilt (one of Bonnie Hunters design).


I'm still thinking about what to use for the binding. The gold is the 
backing but I really don't think it goes with the top as a binding.
Theresa says to use a black or a dark blue, I wish I had enough of 
the black I used in the cornerstones, but I don't.

This is a picture of Bonnie's Hopscotch, Butterscotch quilt that
I found on Facebook. I don't know who posted it but I love it. It
is very similar to the Idaho quilt. I may do this next


I think this has a more structured color formula than what I like to use.
I am a true scrappy quilter, whatever fabric I have pulled out of the box
is one I use. 
It will be fun to experiment with the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment