Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Experimenting!


April has come and so has the cold weather! March was so 
beautiful that we forgot that winter wasn't over according to Mother Nature!
But it could be worse, we've only had temps in the 30's and a few snowflakes, where in the past we've had major winter storms! I won't be complaining, this winter was great, I hardly had to shovel the snow!



I finished one of the tops for the boys, and have plans for the next one. 
It is so large it's hard to handle. I've had to buy extra backing fabric.

I've put 4 x 5  blocks with a 10.5 in black border, a nice queen size.
I am putting off ironing the top and the backing, it's so large it's hard to 
manhandle on my ironing board. If I had room I'd get one of those large ironing 
boards like this one I found on Pinterest


or this one.


I would love to have either one. 
I'll have to keep my eye out for a cabinet to fix up.



Sometimes I just like to sew without thinking about it and then I pull out 
some 2 or 2 1/2 inch squares and sew,sew, sew. 

I've done this once before and loved the result and I want to make a larger one.
It is so relaxing to just stitch away while watching tv.

I've got it 53 rows long, which is about 75 or 80 inches long. Great for a lap quilt 
to cover up under while watching tv on the couch. I figure I need about 6 or 7 of these panels
to finish it up. This is a long term project, not one to be finished right away. Not going to be
a charm quilt either, don't have enough fabrics to do that! LOL! Though some would 
say I have that much in my stash! :)



Experimenting with some economy blocks.




When I'm not downstairs working on my sewing I'm working on
the hexagon quilt. Making lots of these:


As always stitching away. Something I love to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment