Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Finally, we get to use the new driveway! Yeah!!!!!

Today I was able to finally park in the garage again, boy have I missed that! I love having a brand
spanking new driveway to drive on. And better yet with all the rain we've had I've enjoyed not
having to clean up water in the basement. We were so lucky to not have a wet basement for years so when we did get water for a couple of years it was sooooo annoying. Every time I heard we were going to get rain I cringed, worried about getting a little water in the basement. All in all some people would get more that we ever did, even next door to us got buckets of water where we would only get enough to wet my little rugs in the laundry room. So I shouldn't complain, it was only a nuisance. 
The driveway had really dropped so that the step into the house was a real pain especially in the winter with the snow and ice. Now it is much more comfortable to just step into the house.

Joe has his little driveway for his big truck, which is almost too big to fit into the garage. Now he can park it to the side.
The sidewalk to the front steps angles a little, it used to be a step up from the driveway to the little sidewalk. We still have to fix up the bricks around the little garden on the right, but Joe has already planted the tulip bulbs on the left. It really isn't big enough to add a brick border to this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment