Monday, November 16, 2009

You have to start somewhere!

I have enjoyed reading lots of blogs and am now going to try to write my own. I'm not a writer so I may not be prolific in my musings and I might be a bit rambling. Run on sentences are my forte. I will probably be boring most of the time, and will have to really stretch to find something interesting to write about.



I love to quilt and would love to do it full time... I love the process of looking
for the "right" pattern that I just love... at that moment.
I love the act of finding the right fabric, preparing it for sewing by washing it and ironing it, and then cutting the pieces. I love sitting at my sewing desk stitching the pieces together and then sewing all the blocks together to form the quilt top.
I love laying it out on the floor and pinning the "quilt sandwich" together. Then I love hand quilting the quilt and finally putting the binding on. Of course my knees don't like the part about pinning the quilt sandwich together. LOL!




This Autumn Tabletopper is a quilt I started pr
obably 20 years ago. I wasn't sure how to quilt it and so it got put in my basket of
unfinished quilt tops. This summer I was looking for something to hand
quilt and found this waiting to be finished. It took me about two weeks
to finish it up! I wish I had done it before!



I don't have the best camera in the world and I'm not the best 
photographer either. I tend to move at the wrong time! The colors 
in this quilt are a little brighter in real life. I am hoping to hang this in
my little entryway by the side door.



No comments:

Post a Comment