Tuesday, November 24, 2009

New curtain for a new home

My #2 son has good taste. He and his fiance bought
a house built about 100 years ago. It had been fixed up
and redecorated and was in "move in" condition.
It is just beautiful.






They decided they are not "lace" people and
wanted a new curtain on their front door to replace the one the
previous owner had left hanging.
(I don't have a before photo.)
I went shopping with #2 son and he was quite frustrated
that he couldn't just go and buy what he wanted ready made.
I had to laugh at that, he had no idea how hard it is to get
good quality curtains at a reasonable price.
He found a panel he liked at JCPennys and I told him I could
make a curtain out of it to fit his window.



Then when I was discussing measurements with him
there was quite a discussion on the amount of
ease of fullness he wanted in the panel.
Oh, my, you would have thought we
were discussing the new health bill!
Many ideas between #2 son and #1fiance
were bandied about, until I had to jump in and
get a compromise measurement.

 My #2son told me I had to get it "Just right!"
So I was under a lot of pressure to do well, he left his
two supervisors watching me to make sure I did it correctly.
I think they were pleased.




 
Both #2son and #1fiance were pleased with the finished product!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment