Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Working on my Scrap Bin quilt


Still working on the scrap bin quilt, made from bits and pieces that I 
have been throwing in a huge tub for the last few years. Whenever I cut fabric and I have
small pieces that I can't use I just toss those pieces in my blue scrap bin. I have one for 
my cotton fabrics and one for scraps from the plaid shirts that I cut up. I'll probably make a scrap 
bin quilt in the plaids also. Gotta use up everything, no waste with these fabrics, too expensive to waste.
This is a horrible picture of the progress that I have made so far. But it is growing!
I haven't decided how big it will be, lap size or twin bed size. I will probably add a border also so the
small pieces aren't on the edges. I'm thinking red borders at the moment. I will decide later.


Some of the scraps Ive been using.


One of the panels I finished yesterday. This is folded in half so I could take a 
better photo of it.
Below is the other half.



We are supposed to get more snow tomorrow and the next day. Wish I could get snow days!!!
Then I could stay home and sew the day away!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment