Thursday, December 15, 2016

End of the year ramblings...


I have finished  up several quilts this year and wanted to take some better
photos of them , so I started to pile them up on my couch.
Wow! A big pile! :)


So to go through each one:

This is the Grand Illusion made from Bonnie Hunter's 
free mystery quilt from about two years ago.
I was not of fan of the chaos so I didn't finish it with the
border she designed. It is not my colors and not a pattern I would have
chosen to do. But the more I live with it, the more I like it.
Like I said it was way "out of the box" for me in both colors and 
design.
I kinda think of it as a happy quilt now.


This is a purple waterfall quilt. I had lots of purples from the 
Half-square Triangle quilts I had been making so I decided to use them up.
I think this pattern was on Missouri Quilt Co. website.



This is one of the Half-Square Triangle quilts I made.
I cut so many blocks that I made two two of these, with more blocks 
waiting to be made into a quilt.
But I'm getting a little tired of purple!!!!
:)


This is a baby quilt I made after seeing one like it somewhere, probably Pinterest.
It was made using leftover dresses from a little girl. Since I don't have 
any of Nancy's dresses any more I improvised, I bought a few dresses from Goodwill and used those.
Then just used some fabric that I had for the rest of the hearts.


This quilt I made several years ago, but just got it quilted this year. I'm really 
starting to like it!
The bright green really makes this quilt.


This photo shows the backing I used. I fell in love 
with this green stripe.


I never buy quilt kits, but this one spoke to me.
I love it! The colors and the prints were great! 
I just didn't add the rick-rack as I don't like the 
way it looks after it's washed. I plan on making 
another one in different colors sometime.


I love I-Spy quilts, and I will be making more of them.


This is a filmstrip quilt that I made on a field trip with my 
sister this last summer. She used white as her background.
I was able to find enough 2 1/2 inch squares to make a charm
filmstrip quilt sometime soon. Maybe this summer....


This is a quilt my sister made for me for Christmas.
We spent our vacation time in Lancaster, Pa. two years ago.
We visited lots of quilt stores and bought lots of fabric!
We helped the local economy a lot that year! 
:)


This is a half-square triangle quilt made with 30's fabrics.
Love that block!


One of my favorite quilts, the plaid star quilt. Definitely will
be making another one, bigger though.


A postage stamp quilt, lots of 2 1/2 inch squares, some from the early 
2000's when I participated in the millennium swaps. I had a lot of "uglies"
were used, but since there are so many squares they won't be noticed much.
:)


About 3 or 4 years ago I made this Halloween quilt and had it quilted.
I threw it up on my pile of quilts that needed binding and it sat there
for a few years. This fall around Halloween I pulled it down and decided to finally 
bind it. While I was stitching away I found some missed stitches that the quilter did.
Since it was so long ago I really can't do anything about it now, but it has spoiled this 
quilt for me. Check out the picture below this one. There are several places where the 
stitching is bad.



That's all I have for now, I can show more in another post. Maybe after the holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment