Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Started a new scrapbook page

I decided it's time for me to start doing some of the
scrapbook pages I've been wanting to do. The thing that
has been holding me back is that I don't have that many 
"good" photos. I took pictures back when we had 24 or 36 to the roll
and we got what we got. I didn't know if I cut off anyone's head until
I got the photos back from being processed. I would have to pay for those shots
that were blurry or off center. I have never taken any classes on how to take 
photos or had a really good camera, and with 3 kids we sometimes had to 
wait a long time before we got the photos developed.
I really envy the families today who can instantly see that Cousin George's head
was cut off and then take the photo over.
Any way, I have chosen a few to do some pages to get me started. (After all
I have some 30 years of photos to sort through!)

I chose about 10 and will concentrate on those and then when I get those done,
I'll choose 10 more. So in about 10 years I might be finished.

So for my first I chose two photos of my sons that I took at 
Strawberry Pond, located at a local park near us. They were
still young enough, in elementary school,
 to handle mom telling them where to stand and to let me take 
quite a few shots of them. These are two that I really liked, though
I wish the shadows weren't on their faces.


The paper is some I've had for years and only have these two pieces
left. So I can't cut them up until I know for sure what I'm going to
do for the layout. I love these colors together, they go great with 
Anthony's sweater. 
I've only been able to cut out some circles today, and will try to make some "stripes" tomorrow. 
It is still a work in progress, and I'm trying to figure out if I have any elements I can use in the layouts.
I don't want to buy anything.
The letters for the names have only been cut out in white card stock to give me an idea of the size of 
letters I want to use. I have a feeling that Anthony's name will be in the dark blue, but haven't decided
what color Daniels name will be. I'm partial to the dark brown but we will see.
I was so excited to get this far on the project today I was almost late for work.
And I really don't want to go to work tomorrow, I'd much rather stay home and finish this up! LOL!!!!
So maybe it won't take me 10 years to finish up my scrap booking all the photos I have.
I'll try to post my progress tomorrow night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment