Friday, June 25, 2010

Hand Quilting

I really love the look of hand quilting, especially since I don't have a
 machine that does machine quilting! I can't imagine how much 
I'd get done if I had a fancy quilting machine. I have a very good and 
dependable sewing machine but it doesn't have a stitch that duplicates quilting.
 So I hand quilt.
I finished the borders for the elephant quilt and was able to pin the
 backing, batting and top together today. I started by quilting the 
center block then moved to doing the surrounding elephants. 

It is going pretty quickly and I hope to finish this up soon.
I thought I would have to order more fabric for backing 
but was able to match up the stripe so you wouldn't notice the seams 
unless you were aware they were there.

Tonight I am really feeling the pain in my left wrist,
 must've strained it putting in all the safety pins this afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment