Sunday, June 20, 2010

Elephant applique

My week of quilting  (vacation) is over :( !

Today I took my Airplane quilt in to work to give to Jeanne, but she wasn't there.
 I'll miss her all week due to different schedules but a
co-worker put it in the office to hold for her. I would've loved to see her reaction when she
saw the quilt. Hope she and the other girls like it. I'm never quite sure how others 
judge my handiwork, and I always want to please even though I know I can't please
everyone. I liked it, so that should be good enough, right?

Yesterday I started a pattern I got a few weeks ago from Bunny Hill.
I'm not quite sure why but I fell in love with her elephant and nine-patch
quilt but I love it!  



I decided to use some fabrics from the Peek a Boo fabric line, made by
Craft Town. I got the browns and blues. 
This quilt is for a friend who is having a baby at 41! A surprise, but a good surprise.
I'm not quite sure yet if she is having a boy or a girl so this is made on a "hunch".
They have had mostly boys in their families, I think her brother had 3 or 4 boys and 
she has had 2 already. They are ready for a girl but I've had a feeling she will
have another boy since I heard she was expecting! :)
If it turns out she is having a girl, I'll just have to make another quilt! LOL!

The nine patch blocks went together really fast and I've got most of the applique blocks ready to
stitch to the background fabric. The pattern is really easy.


I used freezer paper on the wrong side of the fabric, drew a pencil line around, then trimmed
leaving about a 1/8 - 1/4 turn under. I basted (yes, Mom I've learned to baste! LOL!) the edges
then basted the applique to the background square. It's time consuming but I find it relaxing.


I'm watching the Miss Marple series on public TV and have been
watching the Rosemary and Thyme English TV show from Netflix. 
It's kinda like Murder She Wrote, where no matter where she goes, someone dies! :)

I think if I ever won the lottery I will plan a trip to England. Want to see lots of
the places I've seen on these shows and the historical places I've read about.
Oh, dreams! :)
LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment