Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring!





I guess I'm not a good blogger but really not much has been going on here.
Work and home is about all I've done lately.


I've been doing a little down in the quilting room,
but not too much to show for it. I do have quite a mess though.

I've been starting to go through some of my fabric and cutting
squares, dresden plates, and tumblers charms from them. I even 
have a tiny pile of fabric I'm going to give to Goodwill, and believe
me it's hard for me to give up on a piece of fabric!

I've been collecting more ideas to use for future projects and
 wish I had more time to work on them.
 I'm hand quilting a baby quilt top that I finished
awhile ago and am almost done with that. I traced a daisy pattern
 with swirls connecting them to each other for the
quilting design. I just love this design and it is working up really fast.



I found out I need to make baby quilts for two friends of mine who just 
discovered they will be new parents. I want to do something different than 
what I normally do for my baby quilts.

I've also been watching a lot of movies on
Netflix while I've been downstairs in my sewing room.
I've enjoyed Jane Eyre, the Masterpiece Theatre 2006 version.
Love Francesca Annis as Jane and Toby Stephens as Rochester.
I've watched this version several times and will probably watch
it again.
I also have gone through the Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett series and 
am now just finishing up the mystery series, Campion. Wish there were more.

Next I'm starting the Law and Order: Criminal Intent series from the beginning! 
Love Vincent D'Onofrio.

Till next time!











1 comment:

  1. Mary Jane, Are you still looking for a source for bridal appliques? Try a place call Homesew. It is located in PA and they have great prices and shipping. I have bought zippers, safety pins, and other sewing odds and ends from them. I think they have a website so just google them.

    ReplyDelete