Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Nine patch and tumblers


I finished hand quilting the yellow baby
quilt the other day. I drew a daisy design with a swirling
design connecting each daisy. If you click on the
picture you might be able to see the quilting. 
  I've added it to the quilt rack with all my baby quilts on it.
I think I now have 6-7 quilts on there. It is so much fun
to see the number of quilts on the rack grow! They are
so much fun to make, I don't know if I can give
any of these away.


I spent some time working on my I Spy tumbler
quilt today. I had decided I needed two more 
rows, which meant I needed about 18 more prints to
acquire. Finally, I realized I had enough to use and
sewed them to the quilt top. Now I just have to cut the
sides and add a black border. Of course, this may change.
I may just use some of the red I have as a border then add black.
It will depend on how I feel when I pick this quilt up again to 
finish it. I can never make up my mind. LOL!

One of the reasons I love scrap quilts is because of the memories
that I have with the different pieces. The mice fabric
was bought when my sister and mom and I met for
a weekend to shop at Fabric Shack near Dayton a few
years ago. We had a great girls weekend.
The chickens were from years ago when I was interested
in chicken fabrics, and I think the cookie fabric was from the
swaps I did around 2000. 

No comments:

Post a Comment