Friday, April 23, 2010

Oh, what to do on a day off!

Yesterday our microwave decided it was ready to go. It 
croaked just as Joe was ready to warm up his dinner. 
Of course, always when you really need it! 
So today I went to a couple of stores to look for a new microwave.


I also stopped off at the Goodwill to donate some old clothes and to see
what they had to offer. I don't understand how some
bloggers can find all the goodies they find. My Goodwill
rarely has any goodies to offer. I'm so jealous! 
I did see a couch that looked 
promising but as I walked toward it I realized why it was still in the
store. I do know the odor of a cat accident! I don't understand 
why they had it in the store. To me it smelled horrific!


When I got home I found a box of fabric in the mail, 
which always makes my day!
 I am planning on making a couple of new baby quilts
for a couple of friends who I just found out are expecting.
I don't have any pictures to share but I will tell you that I 
got some fat quarters of the Happy Campers fabric group by
Moda. Love the colors and the prints. 





I did stitch together some 2 in squares that I had left-over from the
baby quilts I made a few years ago.
I do need to get an updated photo of this one, as it is 
finished and on the quilt rack.



I guess I had a LOT of 2 inch squares! LOL!


I made this  doll quilt with part of the squares,
and I started another one with the last of the squares.
At least I think it is the last of the 2 in squares! LOL!!!


The border on this one is a very dark navy. I'm not quite 
sure how I will be quilting it. Hand or machine? I really only can
do straight quilting by machine. If I do hand quilting I was thinking
of doing a Baptist fan or something like that. Any ideas?
I'll take some photos tomorrow of the second doll quilt I 
put together and maybe some pictures of the fabric I received today.
:)



No comments:

Post a Comment