Saturday, March 4, 2017

Basement sewing



I have been busy making plaid star blocks for a quilt for Joe.
It'll be just like the one I made this last summer, only a queen size
and not on the diagonal.



I bought 6 yards of background fabric and it just won't be enough to cut the
side and corners for a queen size quilt. 

I've tried to buy more of the background but it's not available anymore. :(
 This layout takes sooooooo much fabric!!!!!

I started to make it a charm quilt, only using a print once in the quilt, 
but that fell by the wayside. 

I now have 26 blocks to work with and will be starting to sew the rows together 
soon. I really love making these blocks!

..................................................

I took 3 quilts in to be quilted and got them back last Friday.
Today I finished up the binding on this baby quilt.
It's now ready to find a baby!


I also got the Scrap Bin quilt back, along with a pink baby quilt.
Not sure which I'll choose to bind next.

............................

 Found something else on Pinterest!

Found this picture of the red squares and thought it would look good
on my wall of quilts that I want to have someday.
I have been collecting lots of reds and lots of red prints on white and cream
for quite awhile now.
Time to dig in that pile!



It was difficult to keep everything straight and on track with the correct 
measurements and I made quite a few mistakes. 
But it is finished. 
It finished at 24 inches square.
Just need to back it and perhaps hand quilt it.


Not a great photo. :(

I had some leftover cuts and put them together to make a mug rug.





No comments:

Post a Comment