Saturday, January 12, 2013

Poinsettia dies

Christmas is still on my mind,
or I am just starting to play with 
my Christmas present that I gave to myself.
I love the poinsettia die I picked up, and
I am looking forward to making some cute cards
for Christmas next year.
One of the advantage of dies is that they 
can cut felt as well as paper. 
I picked up some pressed felt with silver sprinkles embedded
in it to make the poinsettia "flower". It worked
like a dream! It cut perfectly! It even left the 
embossed veins in the felt.
I love it.
I found an inspiration idea and went with that layout.
I decided to make a card rather than a tag, though the
idea of stamping snowflakes in white may also be
used when I do the inside of this card.
I don't have anything to put in place of the stars,
so I will have to leave that blank for now.
I did however add a sentiment at the bottom
of my card, embossed in black. 
Quick and easy and it looks so much better 
than just plain ink.


I used one of mom's old  (or vintage) buttons,
they look so much better than new ones. Added some 
twine and glued it to the flower. I did stitch
the layers together, then used sticky tape to attach it to the 
card. I wasn't sure that just plain Aleene's glue would hold
such a heavy flower.




I'm still trying to think of what I can use at the top of the card,
any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment