Thursday, January 10, 2013

Christmas pillows

I found a photo a few months ago of an embroidered cityscape 
on a pillow.
 I figured that the boys would love to have
similar pillows for their homes. 
 So I got to work making the pillows in time to give to 
them for Christmas.

First I had to find a drawing of Chicago and Cleveland that would work.


I didn't want too much detail so I simplified the drawings 
a little so I would have a easier time embroidering the outlines.
I then enlarged the patterns to fit the pillow forms I had using photoshop.
I used my light box to trace the patterns onto black linen
fabric. Then I just did a straight stitch with gray DMC thread.
It went together very quickly, and I'm pleased with the results.

Anthony's pillow


Daniel's pillow
( Anthony takes better photos than I do,
guess which one is his photo!)

Wonder if there is a vector drawing of Wickliffe I could use
to make a pillow for myself!!!!!! LOL!!!!!
:)


I've been working on Josh's stocking.
I think I may end up blind by the time I'm done though.
I'm working on the ship in a bottle which entails stitching
one thread over one thread. 
That is tiny!

Check out the regular stitched next to the tiny ones and
you'll see what I mean! Tiny!
Anyway, I'm still having loads of fun doing this and can't wait to
start the next one.

Later! 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment