Saturday, November 17, 2012

Progress Report on the Christmas stocking

In the last few days I've made a tiny bit of progress on
Josh's Christmas stocking. I'm trying to build in some
of the main colors so I can go back and fill in the shading.
It's quite tedious and I have to count and double count
where the stitches go, but I'm having fun doing
cross stitch again.

In the last few days I've also finished the pillow top for my 
cross stitch Trick or Treat pillow. I had to go buy more 
purple for the back of the pillow as I didn't have enough to fit.
Unfortunately, I only have 18 inch pillow forms so I'll have to 
go get a 16 inch on Monday.
Then that will be done!

I also made myself two Christmas pillowcases. They are soooo easy to make,
I'm planning to make more.

I also made a doll quilt top and have that one basted and in
a hoop, and have started hand quilting in an all over pattern.
I embroidered "Sweet Dreams" across the top in variegated thread.
Shouldn't take too long, should be done sometime next week.
I'll try to put up a couple of pics of the pillowcases and the Sweet Dreams
doll quilt soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment