Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A New Start, Christmas stocking

I have made Christmas stockings for everyone in my immediate family. 
Even before my son married I made his girlfriend a stocking.
 I knew she was going to be a member of our family! :)
These stockings take an extreme amount of time to make so I don't make them lightly. 
You had better become a member of our family or you won't get one.

I am now working on another one for someone who I consider a part
of our family. 
This is the start of it. We'll see how long it takes.

Better Homes and Gardens had a series of these
patterns in their magazine in the "90's. I made one for my daughter, both boys
and my husband. I also made one each for my father and my mom, though
they were just the cuffs on their stockings.
 My sister made a stocking for me since I mentioned one time that the 
whole family had one but I didn't have a homemade one. She is so sweet!



This is the one I will be making for Josh. He is into hunting so this was perfect for him!
As you can see I've started in the middle working on the fireplace.

It is going pretty quickly, once I get started I don't want to quit.
The hardest part so far was stitching in the grid with sewing thread.
I am going to have to go and get a magnifying lamp for when I work 
in the living room. The light there is not the best for such close work.


This shows some of the patterns available in the magazine. I made the first one for my son. Haven't made the middle one yet, will do so if I ever have a granddaughter! :) And I would like to make the sewing theme one for me someday, even though I still have the stocking my sister made me. I'll have two to fill up with goodies! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment