Sunday, August 5, 2012

Organizing my Cricut handbooks

I have made a mess in my sewing room.
 It is hard to do anything, sewing or paper crafting. 
I have to move one mess
over to make room for the other and
 then I have a huge mess on the floor, 
stacks of projects all over the place. 
So I decided to tackle one thing at a time to get myself more organized.
One of the first projects I want to tackle are my Cricut handbooks. 
I haven't been able to find a good way to store them 
without having them flop all over.
The binding wire on the top makes the books top heavy and 
they are wider on the top than on the bottom. 
Most of the time my books would flop over on top of each other, making 
it hard to find the right book when I want it. I know.... life is hard! :)

I also didn't care for the dividers I made 
using some old alphabet stickers
I have had for years and just wanted to use up. 
They didn't want to stay on the paper anymore.
 Begone!
 I need a new system!
So on the way out the door to Office Max,
 I threw them in the filing cabinet, er, garbage can!
My sister went with me to Office Max and
 I was afraid we would never leave. We could
both spend a whole day in there if we could. She came up with the idea to use a mini sorter in the baskets to help keep the books upright. Yeah! So we bought a couple to take home to try out.
Light bulb moment, while we were at a local craft store later in the day. 
Would the sorters work in a photo box?
 The plastic baskets were a little flimsy, so I bought a box to check out.
Well, when we got home we tried it out and it was a perfect fit!
The books stand up and the dividers work perfectly. This makes it soooo much easier to
find what I need in hurry.

So off we went to buy more of the mini sorters and the boxes. 
Ended up going to 3 different Office Max stores to get enough. 
And visited the craft store
again cause I wanted my boxes to "match". 


She put them in alphabetical order for me.

See how they are all lined up now?
Beautiful!
Thanks, Theresa!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment