Monday, October 4, 2010

What can I say...

I guess it takes me awhile to finish things.


After finishing the last quilt I started to clean up my sewing room and found this in a basket.
This poor quilt had been moved from spot to spot for years waiting for someone :) to put a binding on it. So I took pity on it and decided to finally do it.
 The problem was deciding what fabric to use to blend with all the different fabrics in the quilt.
I had been looking for something to grab me at the stores every once in a while down through the years. Sometimes I'd bring a fabric home to use but when I put it by the quilt it didn't seem right for some reason.

 Or I would accidentally use it in another project.

Well, I finally just dug through the fabrics I had and found this cream and blue print. This is a fabric I used in some of the first quilts I ever made in the 80's. I bet I can find this print in all my scrap quilts I've ever made!
I'm sure it will feel real good to finally finish this up!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment