Friday, September 17, 2010

One top finished and one pinned together



I pinned a quilt top for quilting today and now I will have it ready to go when I get the urge to hand quilt. I taped it to the table top and pinned it half at a time, much easier than crawling on the floor!

Also today I was able to finish a top I started a few weeks ago.
 I fell in love with the Pure Baby Boy quilt that the
posted about in July. 
I used the Make Life fabric line to make mine.
 I didn't follow their directions too well. :)
 I used 8- 21/2 inch squares for my top (they used 6)  with that being bordered by another 2 1/2 inch strip(they used 1 1/2 inch).
 I had fun trying to get the fabrics all in a "random" order! :) 
Then I added about 15" of off white fabric for the sides.
 I might cut that down as I'm not too happy with it as it is now.
 But I marked it today for the quilting I will be doing.
Moda Bake Shop just used straight line quilting, 
I will be using a curvy line with flowers inserted about every 12 inches. 
The flowers will mimic the backing fabric I will be using.


I can't wait to get this quilt pinned up so I can start to quilt it. 
The baby this is for is due in October, so I better get cracking!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment