Monday, May 31, 2010

We had a quiet Memorial Day weekend, planted some flowers, cooked and quilted.
I planted some Vinca by the the side of the garage, beat Joe to the spot! :)
Last year he planted eggplant and added a wooden support around the 
plants to keep them from falling over. UGLY!!! I hated to see that every
time I came home. Anyway, this year I rushed to add some color to the yard.

I also added a couple of hanging baskets on either side
of the garage door. I've never had these flowers before and
I'm not quite sure what they are. We shall see how they do over
the summer.

The last few days I've been quilting up a storm trying to finish the
hand quilting on the I Spy tumbler quilt I've been working on. I wanted to 
finish this one before I start hand quilting the airplane quilt. I finished up today
and just have to trim the batting and sew on the binding. Yea! I've been
working on this one for a long time.
This picture shows the last few stitches I had to do.
I already have two or three quilts planned for when I finish the
airplane quilt. Can't wait to get those started! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment