Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday Flowers

Our backyard is usually wet in the spring,
or at least damp. I've ruined many shoes walking
back there not realizing it was too wet until it
was too late. Well, the other day it was nice and dry so I 
wandered back there to check and see what plants
we have left. (My husband is always pulling up stuff.)
I love my peonies and was hoping he hadn't gotten tired of
them and ripped them out. I found them doing ok,
even found an ant on one of the flower heads.
My grandmother always had peonies and I love them. We don't have
all that much room to keep too many of them. I would probably have fields of them if I could!
She always said that if you 
don't have ants on the bushes, you won't get flowers. So I was 
quite glad to see a few ants on the peonies.

Joe also has planted these beautiful flowers right up along the 
whole back of the house. I have no idea what they are but this year they
turned out gorgeous!

On Wednesday when I came home I found a box in by the
front door. In it I found some very sweet and pretty roses.
My oldest son, Daniel, sent me these for Mothers Day!
Wasn't that sweet?
He knows I love flowers, after all I told both my boys that almost every
day when they were growing up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment