Thursday, January 5, 2017

Snowing again!




Today it started snowing again, we were very lucky during the holidays
to have decent weather and most of the 30 inches of snow we had
on the ground is gone. But this afternoon we have been enjoying a very
pretty snowfall. Lots of fluffy snowflakes! And I don't have to go anywhere 
until tomorrow!!! :)

I found some fabric for the backing for the Scrap Bin quilt.
I was only able to get 2 1/2 yds. at JoAnn's so I wasn't able
to make the quilt quite as long as I wanted but I saved some 
money.  Then I found it online but it was too late. So some quilts 
just decide for themselves what they are going to be.

This is the print I found at JoAnn's.
It's going to be a wild quilt but I like it.


I had been considering this print online but I saved a bunch getting
it from Joann's.

I can't wait to see how it turns out!

...................................

So then I needed to pick up another project to work on. I found one I 
had started earlier this year. I had been wanting to make this for years! I 
think I got this book in the early 90's when I was working at Minnesota 
Fabrics. 


It's shown as a picnic quilt but I don't know if
I'll be using it as such.


I do love me some red, white and blue quilts.
It's a simple design but I'm having a bit of trouble with the
square in a square part of the design. I won't let it win though.
I'll get it done right. If not I have LOTS of red and white 
fabric to start over! LOL!



The cuts for the red triangle is a little small so I had to make it larger, then 
I am able to get the 1/4 inch seam right. But I have to adjust and trim all the blocks
which is a pain but it will turn out in the end.




...........................

I needed a new purse to carry my  money at work, the old one was
getting a little gross. So I tried to make one using a sewing print but
it was too big and somehow it got twisted after I stitched up the sides.
That one I'll use to store sewing supplies. So I made a smaller one
which turned out great.
I do love to hand stitch the lining in. It is so much easier that trying
to machine stitch it in.


I really love this print and was very happy I had the red to match.


No comments:

Post a Comment