Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Quilting the border

I have been working on a quilt top that I made quite awhile ago. I made it with several dusty pink fabrics in a simple square pattern and I embroidered a couple of butterflies on one of the squares. This last week I sandwiched the quilt together and have quilted flowers and leaves in an allover pattern on the quilt. I backed it with a dusty pink kona cotton. I love the kona cotton but it is very hard to needle. My fingers are quite sore, both from needle pricks and from the stress of needling the fabric. Now I have started quilting the border and can see the end of the tunnel. I really can't wait to finish this one. I need to find the tin of Bag Balm I have somewhere! :)
Also tonight I was able to cut out the binding for my blue and yellow star quilt. I had forgotten that I had to finish this up. Thank goodness I was able to find the matching white background fabric. Sometimes I use up the fabric I intended to use to finish a quilt and then am out of luck! Skittles has claimed this spot as his own and seems quite comfortable to supervise my stitching the border on the other quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment